Guest House Second floor: (sleeps 4)
Second floor of the Guest House increases the capacity of Eureka! to 18 people. There are two rooms on the 2nd floor, sharing one bath that has a shower. One room has a sleep sofa and a balcony right over the creek. The other room has two twin beds. There is an indoor balcony bridge-way connecting the 2nd floor rooms to the 2nd floor breeze-way, and into the main house great room.
The Main House features:
- Massive Great Room with Cathedral ceilings, and spectacular views in many directions. A two-zone central air-conditioning and electric heat pump system.
- An Elevator.
- Raised stone hearth gas fireplace.
- Two decks, one open, one covered.
- Separate media room with full size sleep sofa,
- The Media room has the one TV in the house, which is a 42" Flat screen TV with DirectTV. There is also a DVD player and a Digital/HD antenna to get local channels. A couple of the local channels are in HD.
- Wireless Internet: We have Verizon DSL and there is a broadband router for wireless. There are two Wireless Access Points in the House.
- Stereo Sound throughout public areas, controlled in the media room
- Ceiling fans throughout (9)
- A separate laundry room (with a view!) on the first floor
Kitchen: Wow! Look at the Pictures!
This is a fully equipped, modern gourmet kitchen that can handle many cooks at once, with Granite Counter tops, Custom Cabinets, two sinks, Dishwasher, Electric Range/Oven, Microwave, Stylish Italian Stainless and Glass Range Hood, Refrigerator with French Doors, Cuisinart (food processor), Blender, Toaster, Toaster oven, two coffee makers, Clam Steamer, Electric Beater, chef's knifes, and much more.. Many pots, pans, serving dishes, etc. Let us know if we missed something! Plus: An electric griddle for pancakes for everyone, and a slow cooker, so you can start a meal in morning, and come back in the evening to a cooked dinner.
- Many Outdoor decks with spectacular views.
- On the Second level, off the great room, one deck is covered; the other is not. Each has a dining area, so you have 3 choices of eating locations.
- Gas BBQ on 2nd floor covered deck just off the Great Room near the kitchen/dining area
- Outdoor shower
- Extensive frontage right on Deep Hole Creek.
- Kayak & canoe launching, from the floating dock. If you have a larger boat, you can launch it at the public dock and tie it up right at the house. During the summer, we keep a canoe and a two person kayak on the floating dock for shared use by guests from both Eureka! and Epiphany.
- Covered storage areas for your bikes and toys.
- A separate, secure shed in the parking area for trash, which is picked up right after you leave, and twice a week in the summer time.
- (DSL) internet: There are two wireless access points, so wi-fi coverage is good everywhere.
A floating dock
Warning! If you have young toddlers not yet at the "age of reason", you will need to exercise total vigilance when they are anywhere near the water's edge, which is pretty much anywhere on the outdoor ground level at the house. Some guests have asked if we have plans to put up a child-proof railing. The answer is NO. It is simply not possible to child-proof our dock and surrounding areas. When you look at the photos of the decks & docks, you will see why.
Click here to Inquire about Availability
There is also a detailed listing for Eureka! at: www.vrbo.com/243267
Please Browse the Photo galleries below.
First Gallery: Top Floor, Main House. Kitchen, Great Room. And Views!
Second Gallery: Bedrooms and Baths on First Floor of Main House.
Third Gallery: Just some Great Views!!
Fourth Gallery: Guest Suite.